Multi-centered Research Studies
The Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction Society is excited to work with our members in a collaborative research effort. The lead team is at the Hospital for Special Surgery. We are collecting patients across multiple centers who were treated with intentional deformity to avoid a free–flap with an external fixator. All LLRS members are encouraged to participate.
- Grade IIIB or IIIC open tibia fracture
- Intentional bony deformity created to facilitate soft tissue closure
- Use of a hexapod circular external fixator
- Free tissue transfer required (microsurgical procedure)
- Local tissue rearrangement (ie rotational flap) or skin grafting accepted