What is LLRS?
The Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society (LLRS) is a professional organization of diverse orthopaedic surgeons, physicians, and allied health professionals devoted to advancing the science of limb reconstruction for patients of all ages. This includes fostering research, stimulating scientific exchange, and collaboration to provide excellent clinical care in the arena of limb lengthening, limb reconstruction, extremity deformity correction, as well as complex fracture treatment.
The Distraction Podcast
The Official Podcast of The Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction Society (LLRS). Hear the latest updates of complex limb reconstruction topics, up to date articles and interviews with leaders and influencers in the field. Hosted by our LLRS Podcast Committee.
Total LLRS Members
Member Benefits include:
- Free registration to the annual meeting
- Free access to a technique-focused precourse prior to the annual meeting
- Access to the most recent knowledge/research in the arena of limb deformity and lengthening
- Access to contemporary solutions for bone defects, nonunions, and complex trauma reconstruction
- Opportunity to join and collaborate with a national and international community of surgeons engaged in the treatment of rare and unique deformities
LLRS members Stephen Quinnan, MD, J Spence Reid, MD, Rob Rozbruch, MD, Austin Fragomen, MD, and colleagues collaborated on a multicenter cohort study on an innovative method for reconstruction of type III open tibia fractures. Nineteen patients underwent intentional limb shortening/deformation as a means to manage the open fracture wound and stabilized with hexapod external fixators. Following wound healing and at an average of 30 days later, deformity correction was initiated using the hexapods. 94% of patients reports good to excellent outcomes with no flap coverage required!
Great job colleagues! What a great example of LLRS research collaboration!
Check out our Events Calendar and join us!
- September 22 - September 25
- October 20 - October 23
- January 21, 2022 - January 22, 2022
Come check out 4 NEW co-branded ICLs and 1 new symposium at the AAOS Annual meeting in San Diego.
Tuesday, August 3
- 8:00 – 10 am Joint Preservation of the Varus Knee. Osteotomy and Cartilage Restoration Techniques: A Combined Sports and Limb Deformity Perspective
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Management of Limb Length Discrepancy in Pediatrics
Thursday, September 2
- 8:00– 9:30 am Postoperative Pain Control after Osteotomy in an Era of Opioid Addiction
- 11 am – 12:30 pm Posttraumatic Ankle Osteoarthritis in the Young Adult: A Spectrum of Treatment Options
Friday, September 3
- 3:30 – 5 pm Symposium: Pediatrics – Deformity Correction: Analysis and Preoperative Planning