What is LLRS?
The Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society (LLRS) is a professional organization of diverse orthopaedic surgeons, physicians, and allied health professionals devoted to advancing the science of limb reconstruction for patients of all ages. This includes fostering research, stimulating scientific exchange, and collaboration to provide excellent clinical care in the arena of limb lengthening, limb reconstruction, extremity deformity correction, as well as complex fracture treatment.
The Distraction Podcast
The Official Podcast of The Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction Society (LLRS). Hear the latest updates of complex limb reconstruction topics, up to date articles and interviews with leaders and influencers in the field. Hosted by our LLRS Podcast Committee.
Total LLRS Members
Member Benefits include:
- Free registration to the annual meeting
- Free access to a technique-focused precourse prior to the annual meeting
- Access to the most recent knowledge/research in the arena of limb deformity and lengthening
- Access to contemporary solutions for bone defects, nonunions, and complex trauma reconstruction
- Opportunity to join and collaborate with a national and international community of surgeons engaged in the treatment of rare and unique deformities
Dr. Iobst and colleagues collaborated on a multi-national study of radiographs outcomes following limb lengthening using three types of internal lengthening nails. The study include 366 limbs after nail removal. Findings included a marked difference in frequency of radiographic abnormalities at the telescoping junction of the nail found following STRYDE lengthening compared to PRECICE or FITBONE lengthening.
Great job colleagues! What a great example of LLRS research collaboration!
Check out our Events Calendar and join us!
- August 24 - August 28
- October 12 - October 15
- January 20, 2023 @ 12:00 am - January 21, 2023 @ 11:59 pm EST